This blog is dedicated to exploring the wonderful world of Salt Lake City, Utah. My goal is to hunt out and find those little places that no one has heard of but are just dying to be discovered. I hope this will be a fun guide to anyone wanting to take a weekend trip or someone just wanting to know more about the unique place they live.
If you have some ideas or find a new place please let me know!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Omar's Living Cuisine

My sister in law Audrey pointed me out to this great find. It is perfect for my new diet. I can eat EVERYTHING there, even the dessert! YUM YUM. Its a raw food restaurant meaning all the food is unprocessed and uncooked plant foods. We started out with a chocolate guji drink which I thought was better then some milk chocolate shakes. Then I enjoyed a Nut Burger made with finely chopped nuts and other yummy spices covered with fresh ketchup, avocados, tomatoes, unions, and sprouts, with a cabbage leaf bun. It was really good! And Bruce enjoyed a Hummus Pizza, the crust more like a tostada but made with nuts and flax, it was topped with hummus lettuce tomatoes, avocados, more veggies, and then a special faux cheese made from nut cream that goes through this long process to taste like cheese. It was very tasty! Then we enjoyed a Pina Colada Pie. I don't know what was in it, but it was amazing. I have also had the chocolate moo dessert which is like a chocolate mouse that doesn't have any added sugar or dairy. Its great to find something so creamy without the cream.

3 comments:

Sierra and Ryan said...

We'll have to go try it sometime! Looks way yummy.

Sharstin said...

that looks and sounds delicious! I have got to try it out!

Lori said...

Love your new blog...great idea! I can't wait see see what is next on our tour of all things great in Salt Lake!